Saturday, February 6, 2010

So I Tried To Get Committed...

To a psych ward. I haven't really been coping these last few days. My psychiatrist did help me get an earlier appointment with him. I can't believe how little help there is in Australia for adults with AD/HD. I actually got hung up on by a hospital support line after I told them I have AD/HD and I'm not coping - they told me that they can't help me if I have AD/HD, because they only help "mainstream brains" that aren't coping. And that I should know that AD/HD is highly specialized. Another psychiatric support phone line reffered me to an alternative therapy clinic that use neurofeedback and nutritional supplements to "get me off medication".

I'm trying desperately to take full responsibility for managing my AD/HD but it really gets too much. People start losing faith in you and you can't exactly point to a record of success to show them otherwise. I don't know what its going to take, but I have to wait until Monday morning.


Right now I'm trying to clean my apartment. It's such a hard job. Apparently I was only cleaning for an hour when it first started to drive me nuts. I felt like I'd been going for about six hours.

I'm not feeling totally hysterical or hopeless any more. I know I can get this under my control and have a more healthy life. I just want it to happen before I push away the people I love and care about...

No comments:

Post a Comment