Saturday, January 30, 2010

Whirling Dervish.

I've been unemployed lately, and so I've had the chance to watch myself go against no imaginary structure whatsoever. And having been more aware of my AD/HD lately, I thought I'd make a quick post listing some of the rapid cycling 'phases' or 'obsessions' I've gone through in the past six weeks (off the top of my head of course):
  • Writing a series of science fiction films.
  • Writing a sitcom series.
  • Python programming.
  • Front end and back end website design.
  • Blogging.
  • C programming.
  • Assembly programming.
  • Hacking and reverse engineering.
  • Mobile phone application development.
  • Augmented reality software and hardware.
  • Teaching English in other countries.
  • Stand-up comedy.
  • Cooking.
  • Writing short films.
  • Lighting for cameras.
  • Photography with models (recently recurring).
  • Shooting things in HDV.
  • Sound mixing.
  • Job hunting (this one has been the most consistent, but it ties in with most of the others).
  • AD/HD itself (recurring). 
  • AD/HD treatments (recurring).
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
  • The share market.
  • Iaido and Japanese swords (semi-recurring).
  • Martial arts and self defense.
  • Zen (frequently recurring).
  • Writing in general.
  • Symbian S60 3rd Edition.
  • Fedora Linux (Ubuntu seemed too mainstream...)
  • Reading.
  • Watching British sitcoms.
  • Postmodernist anime (thats a new one).
  • Acting.
  • I'm too tired to continue...
What's interesting is that if I were employed, the list probably wouldn't be that much shorter. What's also interesting is that I have fragments of tangible things I've got from each item of the list except for two. Lately I haven't really been hyperfocusing on anything for longer than a day or so. I guess that might have something to do with stress from money and family and so on. And my medication needs to be re-calibrated.

I've read at least one reference book cover to cover on most of the topics I've listed. Mostly titles from the For Dummies series (by the way, C All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies is one of the best computer reference books I've ever half-read. My girlfriend is actually putting the effort in to make me finish it.)

Well, I suppose the AD/HD stuff has been the consistent thing lately. Its a shame I can't get a job for that. Maybe I should go sign up for a psychology course...

No comments:

Post a Comment